CLICK ON IMAGE TO APPLY
***Concealed Carry Permit applicants are suggested pick up***
an application packet in person at the Sheriff’s Office
Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm
- be a citizen, a naturalized citizen or a resident alien;
- be twenty-one (21) years of age;
- have attained at least one month’s residency in Bladen County;
- at the time of pickup, provide a valid driver’s license or other picture ID with current address provided by the State of North Carolina;
- Resident Aliens: Must bring a resident alien card, social security card and a NC driver’s license or NC ID card;
- Naturalized Citizens: Must bring your Naturalization Certificate or valid US Passport.
- Provide a NOTARIZED copy of NC AOC Form SP 917 (Mental Health Release Form)
CLICK IMAGE TO FOR MENTAL HEALTH RELEASE FORM
Applicant Must NOT:
- Must NOT be convicted of any felony, or similar offense in any jurisdiction or currently under indictment for any felonious offense.
- Must NOT be a fugitive from justice.
- Must NOT be an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, any depressant, stimulant or narcotic drug.
- Must NOT be adjudged incompetent on grounds of mental illness, nor have been committed to any mental institution.
- Must NOT be convicted of a Domestic Violence Offense.
- Must NOT have unresolved criminal charges pending.
- Must NOT have a suspended driver’s license.
- Must NOT have a substantial history of convictions, arrests, or reports demonstrating a continuing pattern of criminal activity.
- Must NOT be discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
- Must NOT be an illegal alien or unlawfully residing in the United States.
- Must NOT have been a citizen of the United States and renounced that citizenship.
- Must NOT have an active court order of protection (50B) that alleges any domestic threat or violence.
Please note that as part of the application process, you will authorize the Bladen County Clerk of Superior Court to inform the Sheriff of Bladen County whether or not the clerks’ records contain the record of any involuntary mental commitment proceeding under Article 5 of Chapter 122C of the General Statutes in which you have been named as a respondent. The purpose of this release is to enable the Sheriff to determine your qualification and competence to purchase and handle a handgun.
For More Information, Contact:
Bladen County Sheriff’s Office
201 King St. Elizabethtown, NC 28337
Phone: (910) 862-6960